Combining cannabis and yoga is a healing ritual that has persisted through thousands of years. Although ancient yogis discovered the therapeutic effects of this practice long ago, the modern day implementation has never been more relevant and necessary. So many of us live our lives in a constant state of stress, whether from media overstimulation or navigating a never-ending list of pressures and responsibilities from work, family, etc. These stressors have a formidable impact on our physical, mental, and spiritual states. As a result, some of us may feel a separation from our genuine selves. Ganja yoga can be your remedy.
Both the consumption of cannabis and the practice of yoga have individually proven to be powerful healing modalities. Bringing these two activities together creates space for intense mystical experiences, possibly resulting in a profound shift in awareness. This workshop will give us all a chance to connect with others on the same journey. Let’s explore this magic together!
NOTE: This is a 21 and over event.
About the yoga:
This will be a slow and restful practice incorporating reflection and promoting tranquility. EveryBODY is welcome here. If you are new to yoga, cannabis, or both, consider this a safe place and great opportunity to explore. We will spend time luxuriating in each stretch, allowing space to delve deeper inside.
6:15 – doors open
6:30 – smoke social
7:00 – opening circle
7:15 – yoga practice
8:15 – saying goodbyes and wrapping up
What your ticket gets you:
· 30% off product at (Lux) Pot Shop Ballard – Make your purchase in the shop anytime before class, let the Budtender know you are attending Ganja Yoga, and show them your event purchase receipt email for validation. You can preorder products on their website at luxpotshop.com
· A representative from Equinox Gardens will be present to answer any burning questions about their amazing cannabis products, and to share some swag
· A mindful guided yoga practice interwoven with cannabis education
What to bring:
· A valid ID. Because this is strictly a 21 and over event, you will not be admitted without it.
Wear comfy clothes and make sure to bring along your own mat, a water bottle, and any soft items (sweatshirt, blanket, pillow, etc.) you wish to make the ground a little cozier. If you don't happen to have a mat, some are available at the studio for rent.
· Bring whatever form of cannabis you plan on consuming. Vaping (pen, dab, dry-herb vaporizer) is ok indoors, but combusting flower (pipe, joint, bong, etc.) has to be done out the back door. If you don’t have anything to bring, don’t worry, there will be tons to share!
About the Instructor:
Erin Allan, MA, RYT-200 is a Ganja Yoga Certified instructor. You will see Erin light up when she talks about cannabis and yoga, a practice she is immensely passionate about that completely transformed her own life. So passionate in fact, that she left a career as a mental health counselor in 2012 and dedicated all her time to learning as much about these topics as possible. She has since taught thousands of hours of various types of yoga and has held multiple positions within the cannabis industry. Erin is overjoyed at the opportunity to share the gift of ganja yoga. With intentional use and careful guidance, she will explore with you the healing power that this sacred practice offers to connect mind and body in new and profound ways.
*** Feel free to reach out to Erin directly with any unanswered questions in the ‘Contact Us’ section at MysticHerbYoga.com ***